PREDICTIVE SOFTWARE DIALER:
The effectiveness of a predictive dialer depends on different factors like the number of agents in a call center, average call length, sophistication of prediction algorithm, time, types of campaign etc.If a call is ready which based on the prediction algorithm and no agent is available, then the call is automatically terminated by the predictive dialer, which results in call abandonment. A predictive dialer automatically identifies answering machines based on the length of the response immediately after the call is picked up: If it is a short “hello” then it probably is a live contact, if there is a longer response, then it is probably an answering machine. Some predictive dialer’s use frequency detection of the voice answering the call to identify if it is a live contact (person) or an answering machine, which is more effective. Now a day’s most of the call enters are using this predictive software dialer which is also known as Soft Dialer
FEATURES OF A PREDICTIVE SOFTWARE DIALER:
- Most advanced dialing system
- Support Answering Machine and S.I.T Frequency Detection.
- Runs multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Campaign Management and Monitoring.
- Receive Inbound Calls as well as Make Outbound Calls.
- Auto dialing.
- Park call (Queue the call).
- Web call back.
- Call transfer (to Agent,PBX,Outside#).
- Music or Message on hold, etc.
- 100% digital recording of conversations.
- Call Monitoring for real time and future reporting and analysis.
- Supports Third party call conferencing.
- Real-time call monitoring.
Now I will discuss about some of the above stated features:
- Answering Machine Filtration: in software predictive dialer we can filter the answering machine. The software automatically detect the answering machine tone and disposed it. It will actually save the time because agents does not need to dispose the call manually after hearing the answering machine tone. If the answering machine filtration is there in a dialer then it will save the money.
- S.I.T frequency detection: frequency detection is the most vital part in predictive dialer. Actually frequency detection based on algorithm which actually find out the difference between the machine sound and the human voice and the frequency difference is 2000 ms. But most importantly this feature need to be updated always.
- Multiple campaigns can run simultaneously: In predictive dialer we can run different campaign for different country. But for that some changes need to be done in the campaign. We have to define the country code for each and every campaign or else the phone code can be added in the excel sheet during the time of uploading the data(numbers) for international outbound calling.
- Call transfer: call transfer means to transfer the existing call to a different number or to an extension.
- Auto dialing: auto dialing means progressive dialing.
- Digital recording of conversations: in software predictive dialer call gets automatically recorded once the agent starts talking with the customer.
- Third party call conferencing: there are some outbound campaign in call centre industry where third party verification is needed. example: agent is talking to a customer regarding a process and that time agent need to call the third party to verify about the process, then the agent ask the customer to be on hold for a while, on that moment that agent try to connect the third party and once the call is established then the hold customer, agent and the third party will come to a conference by a ‘conference’ button.
- Real time call monitoring: this is also a vital feature in software predictive dialer. By this feature call monitoring can be done, apart from the call monitoring also we can monitor agents activity like who are in pause, dead, in call, not logged in. We can also monitor the drop percentage, total agents log in, leads in hopper, dial able leads etc.
- Campaign – it is a name for the method of managing calls. Every campaign uses certain lead lists to feed calls to certain (or all) agents. A campaign can be made for outbound as well as inbound calls.
Estimated Percentages Of Call Results (Up To 100%) – This is an estimate of the quality of the phone list and it might vary based on the timing in which the campaign is running. There are four different types of call results listed here:
- (Detection of Answering Machine) – predictive dialer detected an answering machine (default 52%) but recent technology is only about 90% accurate when it detects the difference between an answering machine and an live person.
- (fax or disconnected number detection) – A bad number (or fax) is detected. Call will not be re-dialed (default 7%).
- (no answers detection) – No one answers the call – re-dial potential (default 7%).
- (busy signals detection) – dialer detects a busy signal when calling a number – re-dial potential (default 3%).
Call blending is a way of life in many businesses and other organizations that rely heavily on audio communications to accomplish the goals that are in place for the operation. Call blending is the capability to make outbound calls while also being able to receive inbound calls, all in one easy technologically created system. While older systems in the past required that a user enter a code to activate availability to perform one function or the other, it was not possible to be available for both functions simultaneously. After making telephone outbound calls, it was necessary to log out of that function and enter a separate code to indicate the station could now receive inbound calls.
HOW PREDICTIVE DIALER WORKS :
- The most nonproductive aspect is dealing with those that result in a busy signal, no answer, bad number, etc. The software recognize the various signals and intercept tones returned by the telephone company and automatically process them. Current techniques that monitor the progress of a call are quite sophisticated, provide a high degree of accuracy and are capable of distinguishing between “live” voice and answering machines, fax tone, busy tone. This is done through pattern analysis of the cadence and frequency of the audio signal. Predictive dialing systems not only dispose of no-contact call attempts by monitoring the line after the number is dialed, but can also schedule the numbers to be recalled, depending on the result. For example, call attempts resulting in a busy signal can be scheduled for an immediate recall, while call attempts resulting in no answer can be rescheduled for thirty minutes or an hour later. The system tracks and reports on the result of each call attempt, so the user can manage and update the calling list.
- Because some percentage of all calls are unsuccessful (result in no contact , disconnected number), the predictive dialer is designed to initiate call attempts on multiple lines, simultaneously anticipating some attempts will not get through. The number of simultaneous calls it initiates depends on the success rate, or “hit” rate at that moment in time.